Sunday, June 24, 2007

Childhood... and some more natural light :)

We went fishing this afternoon and I was hoping to take some photos of the rope swing over the stream that has always been "THE" place to be in the summer. Unfortunately the whole tree fell in the stream. I'm sure that someone will rig up a new one soon!



...and the sun was going down so I was inspired by that site that Cherie posted with all those great shots using sunlight. I clearly have a looooooooooooooong way to go if I ever want to have a smidgen of the skill that woman clearly has when it comes to using sunlight as a 'prop.' But the learning is half the fun :)

These pics also represent childhood ...to MY kids anyway ;) A HUGE part of their childhood is having a camera in their face...lol!!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Heather Taylor Photography said...

I love how the sun highlights her hair.... very nice!

Unknown said...

Nice shots - she is such a cutie!

Jane F. Smith said...

LOVE these shots!! the first one is so cool with the reflection and the shots of your daughter are great too...I agree learning is half the fun!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice work! I like the lighting on your daughter's face. She is lovely!

cherie said...

Nice shots!

jenney said...

Great pics!! I love the backlit ones especially!

Anna said...

Great photos, I love the sun in her hair and the guys fishing!

Wendy said...

LOL, love the photos!! You did a great job capturing childhood memories!! Takes me back in time!! Love the photos of your daughter in the natural light, spectacular!!

NJStampinMom / "Lynn" said...

the photos with the backlighting are my favorites. And I love your comment about the kids with camera in their face - yup - mine too!