Sunday, June 10, 2007

Challenge #2

This weeks challenges are....
  • lines, angles color & texturelines:look for lines when you take pictures they help lead the eye through a photo.
  • angles:use different ways to angle your camera or postion your body. by postioning your body you can give perspective of a scene.
  • color and texture: old barns , weathered wood, funky colored buildings....look for things that stand out in a scene.try one of these or as many of these in your photos this week as you like.have fun!



My "Lines" photo. I LOVE how this came out! I was in a dark dark tunnel in Fort Knox, I used the flash and crossed my fingers ;) You can't see them, but right about where the darkness starts there are LOTS more kids! I am glad they didn't get into the photo!





My perspective photo. I didn't get the exact effect I was seeking, but it's close. I wanted to show the huge size of Fort Knox and make Sean look tiny in comparison, so I sat on the ground looking up. There is a flag on top that I just couldn't get into the photo and I really wanted to, but didn't have time to keep messing with the shot. I think I should have gotten closer to him and maybe laid down.



And last but not least... my texture/color photo :) Not a whole lot to say about this one. But I like it :) I even ordered a print of it to frame alongside some other pics from the beach that day!

Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

cherie said...

all nice shots. really like the lines one.

Wendy said...

Sweet you hit them all on the mark!! I love the tunnel shot and the texture and color shot is pretty neat...Yes you do show how large the Fort is, specially compared to your son...GOOD job!!
~WendyN~ (SB.com)

tasra said...

Great photos. My first is the favorite because of the amazing perspective. Excellent choices.

Judy said...

your photos are awesome. I really love the tunnel one. Its so cool how all the kids are in the dark except for one.

jenney said...

Wow!! Very cool photos!! I love, love, love the first one!!! I'd love it see it in black and white. If you could get the conversion light enough, it'd be gorgeous hanging on a wall!!!

Colleen said...

I thought I would like the B&W too, but I tried it and something was lost without the colors of the bricks.

Anonymous said...

I agree with naranjos. You got all of the challenges covered in the first shot. Lines, tecture, color and angle. All there. Great job!

Jen said...

Great photos, the first one is my favorite one, it almost gives that vertigo feeling! Thank goodness for the munchkin or else my perspective would be all out of whack! I love the texture of the last one as well. I bet it would be cool if you were down on the same level as it so all the bumps popped up instead of looking down on it, but either way, it works! TFS!

Dana Tate said...

very nice shots. love the lines one too!

Jane F. Smith said...

The photo of the building looks like eyes crying! :) I really like this one actually I like all three but this one stuck in my head!! Good job!

Heather Taylor Photography said...

LOVE that first one!! Perfect example of leading lines. I would love to see it with more contrast/saturation or an urban-ish look!

Colleen said...

---The photo of the building looks like eyes crying! :) I really like this one actually I like all three but this one stuck in my head!! Good job!---

LOL... Thanks a LOT... NOW that pic FREAKS ME OUT all 'Amityville Horror-like'