Saturday, June 16, 2007

Challenge #3

Challenge #3
******** BOKEH / DEPTH OF FIELD***********

Bokeh describes the rendition of out-of-focus points of light. Bokeh is different from sharpness. Sharpness is what happens at the point of best focus. Bokeh is what happens away from the point of best focus. Bokeh describes the appearance or "feel" of out-of-focus backgrounds and foregrounds.


Here are my shots. I took these last week. I am limited to close up shots for this challenge because my camera is a glorified P&S and I can't get that good blur that you can with a DSLR unless I am close up and use the zoom.



Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Danielle Holsapple said...

Awesome girl! I think you got it! I love love love the first shot!

Wendy said...

Wow these are GREAT!! I love those blue eyes, your son is so photogentic, wish mine was...sigh!!
The flowers the bees I love them!! You did a great job ma'am thank you for sharing them!!

Unknown said...

LOve that pic of the bee --- beautiful!

Unknown said...

I think you did well.
And I agree with the saying that it isn't the camera it is the operator that makes the photo.

Anonymous said...

You did wonderful with your point and shoot. Really impressive. Just think...once you get a DSLR, you'll be good to go!

Those eyes are beautiful. And the close-up of the bee is great!

Heather Taylor Photography said...

What great shots! I love the daisy pic.... great dof, too!

jenney said...

Great job on the challenge!

Jane F. Smith said...

Wow!!! some how I missed these!!! They are WONDERFUL!! I especially like the bee shots!

Monica said...

Amazing bee photos!!!

pdxscrappinmamma said...

I love how the bee looks like he's a stuffed toy, so fuzzy. Beautiful!